A new series I want to start is outfit inspired by color palettes, I’ve seen palettes all over pinterest and some of them are so unique and its a great way to put together outfits with different colors that I wouldnt normally wear. I played it safe this week and went with some muted pinks, brown and mauve. I LOVE these colors! Feel free to pick a palette (or the one below) and make an outfit from it! Id love to see your creations!
How cute are those colored shorts?! Definitely on the lookout for a pair of those!
On another note,
Love this cereal for the mornings! I love fruit and its packed with fiber so it keeps me going til lunchtime! So many options too..from vanilla almonds, to rasberries. Yum. I found this at Target!
My work doesnt have a strict dress code, so I do have a little bit of freedom of what I can wear and it definitely expands my wardrobe for work (cuz apparently wearing my clubbing clothes isnt word appropriate or something..). Today was a casual lazy day..I have been moving in slow motion this week..hoping to snap out of it soon, but also enjoying the time to just relax and have time to myself. I recently bought a Kindle (which I absolutely LOVE) mainly because I used to read so much before college and then it died down and I really want to pick it up again. I am almost done reading Hunger Games. OK…before all of you go on saying I’m just reading it cuz the movie is popular..well, yea, youre right. I actually tried reading it last year, but I just couldn’t get into it so I put it down (I did just read the first few pages..but nonetheless)now that it’s on my Kindle (along with a bazillion other books) I am definitely more motivated to read it, and glad I am sticking with it, because it is a great read! How many of you read it? Saw the movie?
Heres my outfit of the day to go along with my lazyyy mood:
Unfortunately, my college, University of Maryland, did not make it to the NCAA Tournament this year, however I still love watching the games and getting passionate (overly passionate..) about my bracket. Maryland’s main colors are Red, Black and White and also yellow..Yea I know, many colors..we’re just special like that 😉 kidding.
Hope you all have a lovely weekend! Anyone going to see Hunger games? What other plans do you have? Xoxo!
…or not so white. It was almost 60 degrees here today near DC..haha not looking like its going to be a white christmas. But in fantasy land (isnt that what Friday Fancies is all about anyway) here is my white christmas inspired outfit.
What are everyones plans this weekend? Getting together with family? Friends? I hope everyone enjoys the holidays!
Just a quick post today! This weeks Friday Fancies was a red inspired outfit since Yesterday was World AIDS day! So here is my inspi(red) outfit:
Also its Fill in the Blank Friday! with the little things we do:
1. The holiday season is a time to spend time with family and let them know how grateful I am to have them (obviously this should be all year long ,but the conziness and warmth that winter brings just adds to it)
2. Snow makes me marvel at the beauty of nature..especially the first snowfall. but I also love warm weather more..so snow just makes it final that warm weather is far away..
3. The best comfort food to eat when it’s cold out is soup and bread! especially broccoli and cheese or a hearty warm soup!
4. Winter is the best time for candles, coziness and cuddling. Three C’s of winter
5. I can hardly wait for holiday season to come in fullll swing. with holiday parties, lights, and love and laughter.
6. When it comes to holiday gifts I prefer something sentimental or thoughtful.
7. If I were to rate my excitement about the holiday season on a scale from 1-10,ld say I am about a 5-6. I am excited for it but I know at times it can feel hectic and stressful! I just want a relaxing holiday
xoxo!! have a greatt weekend!
Hello everyone! Hope you all had a LOVELY Thanksgiving as well as long weekend. Did anyone do Black Friday shopping? I did not get a chance as I was with family but I would love to know what kind of deals you all scored!
Last night was the Victorias Secret fashion, and I looove watching this every year! They are such beautiful women and the outfits are always unique and fun! They all looked like they were having such a fun time!
In beauty news..word on the street is that there is an Urban Decay NAKED 2 Palette coming out! I saw a picture from this blog:
and I still think the first naked palette is more my style, and also looks more versatile (for my use) . Although some of the colors are REALLY lovely. Will any of you be buying it?
I decided on this lovely red tunic sweater. I love them because they are long enough to wear on its own (like when there is freaky 70 degree weather in THanksgiving) or layered..lots of layers to keep warm!
Happy Black Friday! Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving and those of you who did some Black Friday shopping, what kind of deals did you get?? I would love to know! In the mean time, here is my Friday Fancies!
This weeks theme was “Black Friday” I took the literal approach and decided to do a comfy yet cute shopping outfit. With some bright leggings and scarf and comfy walking boots for all the sales we have to run to!
Also, my first time doing a Fill in the Blank Friday linking up with the little things we do
1. Waking up at the break of dawn to go shopping is my idea of insanity but worth it if youre one the hunt for some good deals!
2. If I were to go shopping today I would be on the hunt for black boots and a new digital camera and good deals on clothes and accessories..so yes, pretty much everything
3. The best thing I ate yesterday was pumpkin pie! While we were making it I thought it would be a disaster but turned out delicious!
4. Something I’ve been learning lately is you can only rely on yourself for happiness.
5. I cannot start my day without chapstick and checking my phone.
6. My nighttime attire consists of a shirt and sweatpants in the winter and shorts and tank in nicer weather.
7. I am looking forward to the weekend ahead spent relaxing with my brother. Going to do some DC strolling and walking around. Perhaps go to the Newseum?
Have a great weekend everyone! What are your plans? Xoxo
Happy Friday everyone! I was really excited about this weeks Friday Fancy post because I have seen mixing prints, patterns and textures all over! And I LOVE it! I took my own take on it because those of you that follow me know I loooove polka dots and lace, so I thought I’d stay predictable :-p. This is actually inspired by an outfit that I wore earlier (black and white polka dot shirt and lace skirt and I thought it came out looking fun and different) Perhaps next time, I’ll step outside of my comfort zone..
Xoxo! Let me know what you think!